The 28 day entitlement applies to those of us working a full 5 day week. This is applied pro rata to those on part time hours. (For example, 22.4 days, for anyone on a four day week).
Other holiday pay basics are as follows:
- Holiday starts to accrue as soon as an employee begins work.
- The employer can control when the holdiay is taken.
- Employees are entitled to normal pay whilst on holiday.
- When an employee leaves, they are entitled to be paid for holiday accrued but not taken.
- Bank & public holidays can be included in the annual entitlement.
- An employee continues to be entitled to their holiday leave throughout their ordinary and additional maternity leave, paternity leave and adoption leave.