New rates from that date are as follows;
- For workers aged 22 or over: £5.80 per hour
- For workers aged 18 - 21, inclusive: £4.83 per hour
- For workers aged under 18 (but above compulsory school age): £3.57 per hour
Almost all workers are entitled to NMW, but there are some groups who are not.
- Self employed people
- Apprentices under the age of 19
- Apprentices aged 19 years or over, but only for the first year of their apprenticeship
- Children who are still of compulsory school age.
So, if you're an employee, you should now be paid at least these hourly rates. As an employer, you need to be aware of the rates, to ensure you are keeping up with your legislative responsibilities.